- You are here:
- All Recipes / Quinoa Salad with Feta and Spinach
Quinoa Salad with Feta and Spinach. The other day I showed you how to cook quinoa, today I’m going to show you how to use it in this really easy to prepare salad which contains lots of flavor.
This time I’ve prepared it as an individual portion, that is great to take with you on the go, and there are also some quinoa salad dressings that I recommend at the end of the recipe, don’t forget to take a look.
As you can imagine, you don’t have to prepare the salad and then place it in a mason jar. But if you want to take it with you, to work, the beach, or wherever, then it’s a great idea to prepare the salad as a mason jar salad. If you do decide to prepare the quinoa salad in a jar, then it’d be a good idea to store the dressing in a separate container. Never mix the dressing with the salad if you aren’t planning on eating it straight away as the dressing will make the lamb’s lettuce and spinach leaves start to wilt, and will give your salad a not so appetizing flavor.
If you want to make the spinach quinoa salad for more people it’s really simple, the only thing you have to do is multiply the quantities by the number of people that you want to prepare it for. Bear in mind that quinoa is quite filling, so if you are going to be accompanying it with more dishes, then one portion should be enough to share between two.
For this quinoa salad I recommend you use baby spinach, they have smaller leaves and have a mild and less bitter taste. If you can’t find baby spinach or you just prefer to make your salad without it, then the best thing to do would be to substitute it for another handful of Lamb’s lettuce. If you like intense flavors you could even use rocket (Arugula) instead of spinach or combine everything to meet your taste.
The Feta cheese (a Greek cheese) goes great with spinach and quinoa. I recommend that you try making this salad with Feta but if you don’t have any and prefer to use a different type of cheese, please leave me a comment letting me know the outcome! 😉
Finally, if you don’t have any Quinoa at home or you’re not that keen on it, you can substitute it for brown rice which is also great for using in salads. As a fact, shortly I’ll be showing you how to cook brown rice and some recipes to make, using this ingredient.
And that’s all, I hope you liked the recipe and give this spinach and Feta cheese quinoa salad a try . If people like it then I will upload some more similar recipes, like chicken and quinoa salad, avocado and quinoa salad or green beans and quinoa salad.
Are you ready to give this recipe a try…..well, let’s get cooking!!!
HOW TO MAKE QUINOA SALAD with FETA and SPINACH
- 1 cup / 180 grams of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup / 75 grams of Feta cheese
- 4 Cherry tomatoes
- A handful of fresh baby leaf spinach (small leaves)
- A handful of nuts
- A handful of lamb’s lettuce
- For the quinoa salad dressing see the notes
- Place in a bowl or mason jar cooked quinoa (click here to see how to cook quinoa) that has been thoroughly rinsed and cold (or at least room temperature).
- Add a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves, the smallest and most tender.
- Chop Feta cheese into dices or any other similar cheese and add into the salad.
- Cut Cherry tomatoes in halves and place in the jar salad and sprinkle over with a handful of nuts.
- The last ingredient to be added is a handful of Lamb’s lettuce. Ready!
- Now you just need to season with your favourite quinoa salad dressing (read the note) and that’s that……Let’s get out of the kitchen and go to eat!
- Don’t forget to take into account that the recipe says cooked quinoa, which weighs approximately double than quinoa that has yet to be cooked.
- You can choose between various quinoa salad dressings. You could go with the classic dressing made with oil, vinegar and salt or you could prepare a delicious honey and mustard dressing by mixing in a small bowl 1 teaspoon of mustard, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon of white wine vinegar. I promise that if you try it, you will love it.